Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fedcon and Slovakia

Greetings Scholars and Warriors.

As many of you know, I have served on many overseas mission trips. I enjoy not just seeing but participating in what God is doing overseas. Short term trips can be down really well, or really poorly. It all depends on your attitude toward the people around you and if you are seeking to cooperate with them or just do something for them.

This year I'll be heading to Europe. I will begin my trip by going to Germany for Fedcon, a science fiction convention. Fans for Christ has started a European arm and I want to encourage them and show them that we silly Americans won't forget about them. We will be attending Fedcon but at this point are not sure if we will have a table or if we can volunteer together or how the weekend will unfold for us.



Then, I'll head to Slovakia for 2 weeks. During this time I'll help set-up for a father/son retreat and help around their new base. This will be a chance for me to encourage a team that led the Discipleship Training School I attended there.

I am doing something a little different. I have set up a crowdfunding account to make donating easier. If you would like to donate, you can go to http://www.gofundme.com/ericslovakia2015.

I am looking forward to more time in Slovakia, and not just because of the great ice cream. This will be an adventure with some great people that will help me grow and will be a great opportunity to show Christ in a nation many Americans forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment