Monday, July 29, 2013


I have not really introduced myself well yet, so here's a go at it.  My name is Eric Anderson and I am 31 years old.  I enjoy board games such as Twilight Imperium, Settlers of Catan, Munchkin Quest, etc. and collectible miniature games such as Monsterpocalypse, Heroscape and Star Wars Miniatures.  My favorite 3 science fiction franchises are (in no particular order) Star Wars, Doctor Who and Stargate.  I have a bachelors degree in Biblical Studies and Christian Education from the Fort Wayne Campus of Taylor University. 

My life adventures have taken me to China, the Middle East, and much of Europe as well as a few parts of the eastern US.  (Yes, I really do need to get out west more!) 

My reading so far this summer has included: Unnamed by Christ Travis,Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders as well as Avengers Vs X-Men, part of Avengers Plus X-Men, and both volumes of JLA:Age of Wonders.

As a teenager I loved Joshua 1:9: "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you, wherever you go."  This verse was very helpful to me in the times of feeling alone.

I do not understand why God does things the way He does or where our free will ends and His Decisions begin, but I trust Him.  I find that He walks with me through difficulty and although He doesn't always give me what I want, He always provides what I need and he answers my prayers, even if it means saying "no" or "not yet". 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment