Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Grand Con!

I have an exciting announcement!  Nerd Chapel is providing a Sunday Morning Worship Experience at Grand Con this year!  We are excited and pleased to join with the Grand Con team in meeting this need and I am very excited to see what God does that day!  I'll be praying about it over the next several months and preparing for it.

The service will be at 9:00am Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014.  Grand Con will be held at the Crown Plaza in Grand Rapids, MI that weekend.

So here is a question for you to ponder: What do you do to include God in your vacations?  Do you look to attend a local church where you are?  Do you pray together at some point in your vacation?  There are often other exciting possibilities.  I spent to summers leading Church services on Sunday mornings in the national parks. 

We would have people from a variety of backgrounds come to join us.  I think one Sunday we had a mix of Baptists and Catholics.  I can also remember a couple occasions when people brought their dogs, who then tried to sing with us during worship.  If you are going to a national park soon I encourage you to join with A Christian Ministry in the National Parks for one of their services.

Here are a few organizations that contribute such opportunities at Cons:

Fans for Christ

Christian Gamers Guild

Geek Preacher

Many of these also have regular postings or groups.  They all have a presence on Facebook.  In fact, I do more with Fans for Christ on Facebook than I do with their normal site.

I would also encourage you to check out Theology Gaming.




No comments:

Post a Comment